Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Windows 8.1 RTM is a lot better and easier

I have been avid user of Windows 8 and I liked the idea of Modern UI a lot. The next iteration of the Windows 8 is Windows 8.1 which is now in RTM stage . I have used it for more than a week and I find myself very attached to the Modern UI features. I love the fullscreen IE 11 which is a lot faster than IE 10 in Windows 8.


Windows 7 users will be quite happy with Windows 8.1 as it brings back the most wanted features which were missing from Windows 8. You can boot to desktop directly and also the start button is back with new features in it's right click context menu which allows you to turn off your computer from the desktop itself without using the charms bar.Windows 7 users can feel comfortable with new UI which still as a slight learning curve.But when you get used to it then you are going to be more productive with Windows 8.1. I also find myself with more control over the PC with new search feature which is a awesome new feature added in Windows 8.1. 


Performance is very much like Windows 8 but it has subtle changes which make the OS worth mentioning.Start screen has gone through a lot of changes with new tile sizes and more customizable UI. PC settings have been improved for touch users. Windows 8.1 looks solid and professional like Windows 7 now. Windows 8.1 is set to be released on October 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment